Monday, May 18, 2009

What is Joy?




When I think of joy, I think of Sophie. She is the completion of joy, the very definition of joy, the embodiment of joy, and joy itself. Let me tell you what makes me think this way.

Joy is...
seeing her face light up when I walk in the room,

hearing her breath drawing in when she sees a rollie pollie walk across her path,

hearing the crunching sound she makes as she pops another Kix into her small little mouth,

feeling her ever-so-soft bottom after her nightly bath,

smelling the fresh scent of Johnson's baby lotion smoothed over her soft skin,

tickling her by nudging my nose into the soft folds of skin in her neck,

hearing her say mama when she wants something,

knowing that she has waited a whole year without a mother,
and now she has one forever!



No comments: