Friday, January 9, 2009

Rocket Scientist or Physicist?

All I want to do is hold you forever...little Sophie Rose!
"Uuuuuuuuhhhhhh, Mommie.....I'm thinking I don't really like this pokey green stuff...."

Sophie even curled up her toes and feet to avoid touching this forest of little green blades.


"OK, ok...I'll put one foot down, but no way will I put down the other!"



I don't know if it's just being a proud new mom or what but I think my little "class clown" is going to be a physicist!!!! Today, to my amazement, she was launching Cheerios off of her highchair tray like Tiddly Winks. I was in the kitchen fixing breakfast and she was in her highchair with a handful of Cheerios. About 3-4 minutes later, I returned to feed her her breakfast and noticed most of her Cheerios were gone. At first I couldn't believe she could eat them that fast. Then there she was...taking her little pointer finger and pushing it down hard on the edge of a little Cheerio and OFF IT FLEW! I couldn't believe she figured out how to do that. Now that's not normal 1 year old behavior, is it? She did it over and over until the rest of the cereal was on the floor. Chloe, or dog, was so happy to snatch up every little morsel launched her way. They've got quite a little racket going on.

So as a teacher-mom, I thought I'd give Sophie a new experience today. Because it's rather warm outside, I took her shoes and socks off so she could walk barefoot on the grass. Being an orphan, I think this is one activity that she's probably never done before. I wish I had a video camera ready because what happened next was too funny for words! She took one step on the grass with her right foot, stopped, thought about it for a looooooonnnnnnggggg time, and decided that she didn't want her other foot to EVER, no NEVER touch that yucky grass EVER! She lifted her left foot in the air like she was kicking but it never came down. Then she bent it like she was a flamingo, all the while balancing on the one foot. Next she place left foot on top of the one standing on the grass. It was so comical to see her expression and her problem solving skills. No matter how hard I tried, she wouldn't put the other foot down. Needless to say, the barefoot in the grass experience didn't go as planned.

Well, she's up from a nap, so I must be going!

No comments: